Vs > Pituffik/ Thule Air Base
Hororata vs Pituffik/ Thule Air Base Climate & Distance Between
Hororata vs Temple, Tx, Usa
Hororata vs Kadugli, Sudan
Hororata vs Darfield, New Zealand
Hororata vs Wajir, Kenya
Pituffik/ Thule Air Base vs Cantonnw, Sd, Usa
Pituffik/ Thule Air Base vs Saint Denis, Reunion, Reunion
Pituffik/ Thule Air Base vs Hanoi, Vietnam
Pituffik/ Thule Air Base vs Chita, Russia
Nikko vs Dalwhinnie, Scotland
Lemnos vs Gedaref/ Azaza
Mariscal Estigarribia vs Wooster, Oh
Tacubaya vs Bursa
- The distance between Hororata, New Zealand and Pituffik/ Thule Air Base, Greenland is approximately 15,436 km or 9,592 mi.
- To reach Hororata in this distance one would set out from Pituffik/ Thule Air Base bearing 286.3° or WNW and follow the great circles arc to approach Hororata bearing 198° or SSW .
- Hororata has a marine west coast climate (Cfb) whereas Pituffik/ Thule Air Base has a tundra climate (ET).
- Hororata is in or near the cool temperate steppe biome whereas Pituffik/ Thule Air Base is in or near the polar desert biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 22.2 °C (40°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 17.6 °C (31.7°F) less in Hororata. The continentality subtype is truly oceanic as opposed to truly continental.
- Total annual precipitation averages 657.5 mm (25.9 in) more which is equivalent to 657.5 l/m² (16.14 US gal/ft²) or 6,575,000 l/ha (702,911 US gal/ac) more. About 6 1/3 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 32.2° higher in Hororata than in Pituffik/ Thule Air Base.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Hororata relative to Pituffik/ Thule Air Base. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Pituffik/ Thule Air Base vs Hororata
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Hororata vs Yerbent, Turkmenistan
Hororata vs Lugano, Switzerland
Hororata vs Pascagoula, Ms, Usa
Hororata vs Wajir, Kenya
Pituffik/ Thule Air Base vs Kalispell, Montana, Usa
Pituffik/ Thule Air Base vs Zante/ Zakinthos, Greece
Pituffik/ Thule Air Base vs Nagasaki, Japan
Pituffik/ Thule Air Base vs Viljujsk, Russia
Nanortalik vs Kirillovka
Cologne vs Tarboro, Nc
Visakhapatnam vs Schleswig
Grytviken vs West Point, Ga
Hororata vs Pituffik/ Thule Air Base Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Hororata
Climate Guides for Locations near Pituffik/ Thule Air Base
- Eureka, Nt, Canada - 538.6 kms (334.7 miles) NW
- Isachsen, Ellef Ringnes Island, Nunavut, Canada - 845.9 kms (525.6 miles) WNW
- Resolute, Nt, Canada - 743.3 kms (461.9 miles) W
- Qausuittuq/ Resolute, Cornwallis Island, Nunavut, Canada - 743.7 kms (462.1 miles) W
- Longstaff Bluff, Nt, Canada - 876.7 kms (544.8 miles) SSW
- Sanirajak/ Hall Beach, Nunavut, Canada - 954.7 kms (593.2 miles) SSW
- Dewar Lakes, Nt, Canada - 883.6 kms (549.1 miles) S
- Alert, Nunavut, Canada - 671.5 kms (417.3 miles) N
- Thule Air Base, Greenland - 3.9 kms (2.4 miles) SSE
- Upernavik, Greenland - 558.7 kms (347.2 miles) SE
- Uummannaq, Greenland - 833 kms (517.6 miles) SE
- Clyde, Baffin Island, Nunavut, Canada - 676.2 kms (420.2 miles) S
- Jakobshavn, Greenland - 992.9 kms (617 miles) SE
- Ilulissat/ Jakobshavn, Greenland - 993.8 kms (617.5 miles) SE
- Cape Hooper, Nt, Canada - 902.3 kms (560.7 miles) S